Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Thank you

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. -Marcel Proust

I had another topic for this blog, but it is being put on the back burner for now. Tonight I feel very grateful- grateful for all the people in my life. I wanted to take this opportunity to say Thank You.

On my drive home from hanging out with friends I started to think about the people I have come across on my life's journey so far. I really have had a fantastic group of friends and mentors who helped me to grow and become the Keryn I am today.

I will always be eternally grateful to my family, my parents and siblings, aunts, uncles, and grandparents who have and continue to help me whenever I need.

In Massachusetts through my college career, I had my Rhapsody family as well. Margi believed in me and encouraged me to start teaching piano. Where would I be today without her love and support? I have now been a teacher for the past 10 years!

When I moved to NH I knew not a soul. It was a brand new experience for me. I moved out of my parents' house and was making a brand new start as an adult! My Crossroads Chiropractic family- Dr. Steph, Kathleen and Kay embraced me and became my support system. Dr. Steph especially because she supported me through massage school, encouraged me to do the Miss New Hampshire pageants (which paid for an entire school loan!) and even helped me set up shop in a suite above her office. What kindness and generosity!
While in New Hampshire I also created a relationship with Strings and Things. Mike Bilodeau and staff (including Brooks) welcomed me with open arms and even gave up their break room so I could have my own studio. By the time I left I was up to 40 students a week! Without their help, I never would have gotten there.

Moving again to RI was very scary for me. I knew how lucky I had gotten in NH and was not counting on finding it again. After having Oliver I delayed looking for a job because I knew the economy was horrible. One day I was perusing craigslist and saw an opening for an MT for a chiropractor in Coventry. I answered and was hired. Two years later I have my own RI equivalent for a dad in Dr. J and a fantastic sister in Beth Smith. Both who have bent over backwards and have helped me out so much over this past year of craziness. I have also made the most phenomenal group of friends since being in Rhode Island. Friends who I know are there whenever I need and have proven their love and support repeatedly. To them I owe so much. Thank you- Andrea, Beth, Brian, Andreas, Chasity, Jonny, Scott, Beth R and Aaron.

I feel like I'm giving a speech at the Grammy's or something!

I have a fantastic community of friends who I am luckily still able to keep in touch with via facebook. Thank you to my NH friends, my MA friends, and my RI people. My love stretches easily over these three states. =)

Thank you, Ira, for your love.

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment