Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I Started Something...

“If you don't get what you want, you suffer; if you get what you don't want, you suffer; even when you get exactly what you want, you still suffer because you can't hold on to it forever.” -Don Millman "Way of the Peaceful Warrior"

As I stated in a previous post, I am currently reading "The Power of Intention" which has been reminding me how important it is to have purpose and intention in all we do.  It's also been guiding me back into visualization about what I want in my life.  I've been struggling with this question: what do I really want, and do I have the courage to believe it can happen?

I have high hopes, but I keep them at a distance.  Instead, I've realized how important it is to surround yourself with them, to believe they have already actualized.  Wayne Dyer calls this "end thinking"-being able to believe what you wanted to be true.  This is a powerful exercise, but can also be a scary one.  If you battle with yourself into believing it, one may start to wonder if it is something you actually wanted in the first place.  Is it ego standing in the way or is it enlightenment?  And if you do achieve what you worked so hard to attain, is it yours to keep?

How do you really know what you want?

No comments:

Post a Comment